GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

Leaving for india on november 20. returning december 30.

Customer Question

leaving for india on november 20. returning december 30. would like to use gmail while in india without interruption. am i okay?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: happened when i went o calgary and edmonton a few years ago.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: if web browser means my desktop computer,yes.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none. will be using my sons apple laptop in india, if i am allowed.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 28 days ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. This is a common issue that face face when traveling.

Google checks and protects its email subscribers from potential hacking, by requiring verification when you try to access your gmail from a new location.

Previously this verification was to answer a couple of secret questions you provided when you set up your gmail account. Now the system has been changed and the only form of verification is a 6 digit code which Google sends you via SMS to your registered mobile (cellphone) number..

May I ask if you will have service on your cell phone while in India? If not, luckily Google has devised a system in which you can print out several one time use security codes in advance of your trip. If Google asks you to verify your account while traveling, simply use one of these codes to do so.

Please click here for details:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1187538?hl=en

Expert:  GeekGal replied 28 days ago.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. Be sure to let me know if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. Thank you!