Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Please: Having trouble with my home pc, its a couple months

Customer Question

Hi Richard please: Having trouble with my home pc, its a couple months new and when it does it's updates they are out of the blue and I walk up to my computer and the screen shows a rotating circle. This is endless as I have waited for it forever. I shut it down and restart and it works after that. Why does this do this and how can I fix it?
Category: Email
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check your Windows Update settings. What are they?

(You may find them in your Control Panel. This of course applies to Windows computers; If you have an Apple computer, tell me, and I will try to instruct you appropriately.)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

yes pc, what do i look for in the windows update settings? advanced options?

Whether the settings indicate it is to download and install automatically, as they are set now, or something else?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

it says that updates will be installed automatically and does not give me the option to change that.

In summation of the case so far, it sounds as if you have Windows 10, and its Automatic Update is perhaps locking up on occasion.

(Is your PC a Windows 10 ? if so, was it an upgrade-to-Windows-10, or was it installed that way?)

If you could send me a screenshot of the screen from your Control Panel - Automatic Update settings, that shows there to be no other option, I would perhaps understand the problem a little better, or might see a way out of the problem.