Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My Email is set up under Gmail although I have optonline.

Customer Question

My Email is set up under Gmail although I have optonline. There are people close to me, my son, 2 close friends etc. who always came up under spam. I always clicked on not spam and they would appear under catagories or some other heading. Now they do not appear at all. I do not get their Email. Also I used to get facebook alerts under a heading of social but they no longer come up on my Email.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: The problem of them on spam has been almost 2 years but not getting Email from them and not getting facebook notices on email has been about 2 months.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I only read Email on my home computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I went to a site to see if anyone was blocked so I could unblock them but no one was blocked.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The original headings are no longer there such as inbox, social and a couple others that I can't remember since they have disappeared for awhile
Category: Email
Expert:  michelleclive replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Get to the settings page

1. Open Gmail.
  2. In the top right, click Settings .
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Choose one of the tabs at the top of the page, such as General, Labels, or Accounts and Import.
  5. When you're done updating your settings, click Save changes at the bottom of the page.