Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I cant remember my password for my yahoo account and I no

Customer Question

I cant remember my password ***** my yahoo account and I no longer have the mobile number on the account and it wont give me any other way to get into it
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: i have had the account for 10 years and i hadn't been in it in a couple of years but i just started trying to get into it 2 days ago and it keeps logging me out for 12 hours at a time after multiple of failed attempts to get into it
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: a phone but i have been trying on a web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it only allows me to enter the 2 digits missing in the phone number and no other way and i no longer have access to that mobile number
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 25 days ago.

> it keeps logging me out for 12 hours at a time

Do you mean you were successfully logged on in the past few days?

Expert:  bbao replied 25 days ago.

BTW, please stop attempting more using different passwords. It just makes things worse.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 21 days ago.

If you have already tried all of the steps at the password ***** page here then unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password ***** use the back up options that are showing to you.

If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in without verifying it is yours. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password.

Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online at the recovery page I just linked and it sounds like you tried that already. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since it sounds like you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more time looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from being able to reset the password ***** the online recovery tool. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again. It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

Thank you,

Chris