James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I use outlook 2010 with Win 10, but outlook has stopped

Customer Question

I use outlook 2010 with Win 10, but outlook has stopped working; i.e. i can't open the software
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: 2 days
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on the computer with an outlook icon; it works fine on my iphone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I rebooted and searched for help on the internet, but didn't trust the answers; i don't know what else to do.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Could you please provide the following details.

Does it show any error message or it just closes outlook ?

Does the other Microsoft office applications function properly?

Which email service are you using in outlook 2010 let me know the part after @ in your email id for example @ yahoo.com?

Thank you

Note: - If you are getting pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer it’s an automated pop up, you can ignore it by closing (x) that pop up message. Please use the reply box below to reply to me.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Reply using the box below

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
word and excel function properly. outlook starts to open, then I get a message that it has stopped working and the program closes. I cannot open the software to go to options and get rid of add-ons either. I am using***@******.***
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the details.

Please try the following to open outlook in safe mode

Press windows + r key to open run window in that type outlook /safe and press enter see if that opens outlook in safe mode.If so then go to file>>>options>>>add-ins then disable the add-ins and save it then exit from outlook and try to open outlook in normal.

Let me know the result

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this did not work: here is what I see: Microsoft Outlook has stopped working: a problem caused the lprogram to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. in a box is "close Program". i never get notified of a solution.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

In that case we can try system restore

Windows system restore process

1. Press windows key and R key that will open run box

2. In the Run box type rstrui and press enter that will open system restore window, Click on next

3. In that windows it will show a restore date select that restore date were the outlook was working fine. If the required restore date is not listed then select Choose a different restore point on the bottom of the system restore window. Now select the desired restore date.

4. Then click on next and continue with the system restore process

During the process the system will restart after that see if that problem got solved

Let me know the result.

Note: - Please bookmark this page, use that bookmark to open this page, In case that doesn't work. Then you can get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer option in the email click on that and you can open this page. You can also use the welcome email from justanswer to open this page too there is a check my answer option in it to open this page. That email also has you justanswer user name and password ***** login.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I book marked the page and will try this. I hope it works. do i refer to a customer number in case i have to get back to you?
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

You cannot use customer number for opening this chat using the justanswer page unless you contact justanswer customer service to help you open it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry, i don't understand how to get back in touch after i re-start and if your solution doesn't work.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

You can open the bookmark you made to get back to this page or using the email send to you by justanswer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
your instructions have an error. what is restrui
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
windows with r cannot find restrui
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

It is not restrui it is rstrui please correct it in the run box and press enter.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i turned on systems restore, but it still says i can't do it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the message is that i don't have restore points. now what?
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Click on start then type appwiz.cpl in the search and press enter then locate office 2010 and right click on it then you will get change option select that and then you will get the option to repair office 2010.Please do the repairing process after that restart the PC and check outlook again and let me know the result.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i did that two days ago.
it didn't help.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

OH OK

Is this lampefinancial.com email is that your company email account,if so do you know the email settings and password ***** re-configure it on a new profile?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
restoring and repairing and rebooting twice did not help. I do know the email password ***** settings in order to set up a new profile. can you help with this?
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

I can but i have to leave now sorry about that but i will open this to other experts so that they can continue helping you.Once another expert replies you will get a email notification and you can continue from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how can I get a refund? this did not work.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you charged me $37.00 and I thought the cost was $5.00. Since you did not find a solution for me and you misrepresented yourself, I am putting this charge in dispute and will not pay.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I would like to assist you with your issue and would be your next active expert..

Let me know you are ready to continue..

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
You did not find a solution for me; therefore, I ask for a refund of the $5.00. Furthermore, you assessed me with a $37 charge that I had not agreed to. Please remove all charges. You gave me no solution. Carol
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 30 days ago.

I am back now..

Can we start troubleshooting..

I will be available for next 2hrs

Waiting for your response

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Refund my money please

I am a computer expert who has joined to assist you

Do you really want to cancel question

If you are ready, we can start troubleshooting issue

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Cancel the question. I did not find your service to be satisfactory.

If you inspect, you can see i have responded soon initial expert has opted out question

All i was waiting for your reply..

If you still don't want to continue.. I shall cancel the question..

But please confirm

Thanks

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I confirm that I cancel the question.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 29 days ago.

Thanks for your confirmation..

This question is cancelled

Thank You