James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

How can I delete permanently a person's old email address

Customer Question

How can I delete permanently a person's old email address that pops up in my "to" section when I try to compose a letter.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through a browser on my desk top computer. I usually use chrome.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just spent about three hours trying to find an answer. I found several methods on the internet, which I followed but didn't work. I read through all the questions on both of your suggested lists (the second one being the "forum",where there supposed to be answers. It was inhumanly long, but I went through to the end. None of the questions matched mine.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want an answer to my question. I think some of the methods I found on the internet may have been for an older version of gmail. Not sure.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Have you tried to delete that person's email address or that person's contact in your google / gmail Contacts section?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,