Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I can't get into my gmail. I keep getting asked for new2

Customer Question

I can't get into my gmail. I keep getting asked for new2 passwords. Various strange bscreens come up. I am totally confused.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: the last hour. It has been happening more and more. You idiots keep MAKING me change my password! I don't know which end is up anymore. Security is one thing denying me access to my email is another and i'm tired of it!
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: about equally
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I bhave no idea of what to do. There are no simple straight forward intuitive instructions forthcoming.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Fo Chriust sake get me some help troday!
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your Gmail issues. I am not sure if you were a victim of phishing. By phishing, it means you got or received and email threatening you to update or change your email security information or password ***** else your account will be deleted. Then when you follow the link on the email, you are redirected to a website that looks similar to Google, then you enter your information thinking that you are sending it to Google/Gmail to update your info, where in fact, the data is sent to the hacker. Now the hacker can access your account, change your password, and you are locked out.

Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

In what form did you receive a request to change your password?