Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I received an urgent message from Microsoft that my computer

Customer Question

I received an urgent message from Microsoft that my computer had been infected by a malware.I was given a number to call but in making the call decided to end it because i was not sure that i was speaking to a microsoft representative.How do you determine the legitimacy of the call
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Dell Inspiron not sure of the model and windows 10
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: not really any.Only made the call i referred to but cut it off.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 24 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That was certainly a fake message. It was a scam in order to get your money and/or your information in order to do frauds. Microsoft and any legitimate company would never call you automatically for any computer support. When you have a computer issue, you would contact a support company yourself.

Please always ignore any email message or popup message or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- Do you have any further question? And/or do you need help with any computer issue today?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,