James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I can not get onto my computer today. It asks for a password

Customer Question

I can not get onto my computer today. It asks for a password ***** I have tried my widows password ***** it will not except it. T have used two temp. Passwords sent to me but it will not except them. I am using Windows 10. I am not sure what pass word I need to get into my computer.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows 10 on my HP desk top
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Online at chucknbettyd @sit.net
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried two temp. Passwords. I am not sure who is asking for a password. It. When I turned the computer on it just came up asking me for a password ***** I do not need a password ***** I normally turn it no.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of. Thank you
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 25 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. I believe you might have converted your Windows user account to a Microsoft account, thus it is asking for a password ***** time.

Can you please tell me what email address is shown there asking for a password ***** your Windows 10 computer screen?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess