Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am trying to DELETE my gmail account but RETAIN/ACCESS

Customer Question

I am trying to DELETE my gmail account but RETAIN/ACCESS youtube. need help please!
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: For months, it delivers non-accepted messages to my university account.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I have not used it for years, but it's never just popped up as it has lately.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not much. I simply want OUT of my Gmail account and am looking online for help
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Is your Google account ending with @gmail.com? Also, are you still able to login to the said account right now?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the account ends in gmail.com I was unable to get into gmail just now.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Is this the first time that you are NOT able to access your Gmail or Google account? Also, is your password ***** accepted?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no thanks. so that's the catch.
ca
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

I don't understand your last reply.

Is this the first time that you are NOT able to access your Gmail or Google account? Also, is your password ***** accepted?

I am asking this because, you will NOT be able to delete an account with Google if you are NOT able to login to it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It seems to accept my password ***** fine, but i get bounced around in the questions. This is NOT the first time i have logged on, but as mentioned, it has been several years. I have Only used an academic 'edu' account for 20 years. recently Microsoft has been denying emails this way :
DELIVERY HAS FAILED TO THESE RECIPIENTS OR GROUPS:***@******.***
THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU ENTERED COULDN'T BE FOUND. PLEASE CHECK THE RECIPIENT'S EMAIL ADDRESS AND TRY TO RESEND THE MESSAGE. IF THE PROBLEM CONTINUES, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR HELPDESK.THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATION REJECTED YOUR MESSAGE: MX.GOOGLE.COM."
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. So is this***@******.*** account that you are trying to delete then?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I thought i made it clear, but thank you for verifying.
cac
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

If you want to delete this Gmail account, you need to first be able to login to it or access it using a web browser. So the goal now is to recover the Gmail account in order to delete it.

Have you tried the recovery procedures already? It is asking for your Hometown name