Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am having major problems accessing one of my emails

Customer Question

Hi There, I am having major problems accessing one of my emails accounts. I all of a sudden was asked to enter the password (which was there and saved) but it is not accepting it. the box just keeps reappearing saying the password ***** ***** I have tried resetting it and I have just made a big mess of it
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: sorry I am clueless with this stuff. the email address is***@******.*** and I get it through windows live mail. I bought the domain from Crazy Domains
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on my lap top
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have gone into settings and changed the password, I have tried contacting Microsoft and filled in their forms but they say they cant verify me as the owner. they say they have sent me a code (to the email I cant access??) and because I cant access the email code I cant verify its mine
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have an independant web designer doing my business website if the same name and since she has worked on my site I have had issues, not sure if the problem is connected. I have checked things out with crazy domains and they say it all looks fine
Category: Email
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 6 months ago.

Perhaps you could help me by saying what "checked things out with crazy domains and they say it all looks fine" is supposed to mean, or how it pertains to your question.

You were "all of a sudden" asked to enter a password? What precisely were you doing when this occurred all of a sudden?

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I normally access my emails clicking on the mail icon and the emails automatically come through for my 2 different email addresses. When I went to check my emails a week ago one of my addresses loaded the new emails as usual but for the***@******.*** a pop up box appeared and asked for the password. The password ***** were already in the box as I had opted to save the password ***** I just clicked ok. It said the password ***** wrong and the box just kept reappearing. I then began typing other password ***** over the saved 'dots' to try and get it to work. Nothing has worked and now I don't know what password ***** is. Crazy Domains checked what my web designer had done in regards ***** ***** my host to activate my new website and then they got her to make sure it was directed to crazy domains as well as the chosen host for my website
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 6 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you today.

The previous expert has opted out from your question for a reason I don´t know, so I will be trying to ehlp you instead. Can I remotely connect to your computer please, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is an optional service with a one-time flat fee, regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume it at any time, without additional costs. It also is safe, as you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem. I think that right now, this would be the only way to walk through all of this together with you so that we can see what is really going on there with your email address.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is the flat fee? I have already paid $60 to ask a question.

I think it is $39 (USD) on top for that, but this also is a really complicated case which will take a while to resolve, so I think that this is justified. You see, the other expert already opted out because it is a difficult case. I am ready to walk through this with you until it is resolved and you are happy again:) So just let me know please what we should do. Thank you.