technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

My email has just started only saving emails for approx 2

Customer Question

My email has just started only saving emails for approx 2 days. I want to save them all unless I delete.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: att.net
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Thunderbird is on my laptop, i click on the thunderbird icon and go directly in
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not good with computers, so none
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have 2 email accts on thundrbird-att and gmail (Keller Williams). I am not getting any mail on my gmail acct. However, I do receive on my phone.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Are you able to login to your email using a browser (webmail) and see the missing messages there? A browser such as Internet Explorer (blue E icon), firefox, or chrome.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do not want to securely connect
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please remove the $37 charge for you to securely connect, I do not want that. Thought you could help me thru emails.

Sorry, the remote offers you are receiving now are system generated.

Are your messages showing up in trash in thunderbird, or just missing altogether? Please give me more details on exactly what's going on. thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
missing altogether. when I access my att acct thru browser, they show up in the spam folder. Is there a way thru thunderbird to save messages until I delete.

Are you sure you are receiving the messages in thunderbird, and then later losing them, or is it possible they are being filtered to SPAM and you are not ever receiving them in Thunderbird? Based on your response, and without a remote connection, this sounds like what is going on...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am receiving them on thunderbird but then they delete themselves and are not in trash or spam on thunderbird. I am going to call thunderbird directly. I thought I was on the thunderbird support site when I got help from your company. Thanks anyway

If/when you'd like to continue, just reply here. Thanks.