James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am very frustrated. I am trying to buy a Freddie Mercury

Customer Question

I am very frustrated. I am trying to buy a Freddie Mercury poster on eBay. I log in with email and password ***** it asks for me to type in numbers then tells me that the numbers are not a match. time after time it tells me they don't match.. but they DO!
JA: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?
Customer: why do I have to reset password
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I'm retired. I'm online all the time. iPhone and macbookpro
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: uh. I started to redo my password ***** remembered that I'd changed it. I've been trying for quite awhile, Its possible it's shut me out or something.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, except that I have bought a lot of stuff on eBay using Paypal and not had any issues.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 27 days ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. I will do my best to help. It is very likely that you have been locked out of your account due to repeatedly trying to login with an incorrect password. Please try going directly to PayPal by clicking on this link:

https://www.paypal.com/

Try to login with your username and password. If you can't, then please click on "Having Trouble Logging In". Enter your email address and then click NEXT. Follow the prompts on the screen to complete the reset process. Your old password ***** be saved in your browser on your computer and on your phone, so please be careful the next time that you login to PayPal on each. If you have your phone and computer set to save login information and auto-populate, be sure to delete whatever is in the password ***** and put in your new password. If you are asked to save it, say yes, so the old stored password ***** be overwritten.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. Thank you!