James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I received a cyber alert from my credit monitoring company

Customer Question

I received a cyber alert from my credit monitoring company about an e-mail address tied to my telephone number. I asked my family if they opened a new account. None did. Who do I need to contact to remove this e-mail address with my information. The e-mail address is KP*PA@ aol.com
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: Who do I contact. I never had a problem with my account before. That is why I contacted you.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Through a web browser on my home computer.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet. I just found out yesterday. The notice was on 11-2-16
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I am good
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 26 days ago.

> Who do I need to contact to remove this e-mail address with my information

We need to know your bank and location to provide specific contact info. If you do prefer not to disclose this kind of info, a good practice is simple to visit any local branch of your bank and tell them the situation, they are able to remove the email address from your account and profile and double check if all other personal information is intact as it was.