James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I tried to send an e-mail to a friend of mine..he's on a

Customer Question

I tried to send an e-mail to a friend of mine..he's on a ship near New Zealand..a message came back from yahoo saying Relay access denied..what? I've e-mailed him for years..why is this happening now?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to help you. I'll need to know the exact error message. If you could copy and paste it in your reply to me that would be very helpful. It is especially important to note whether it says "Sender Address rejected: Relay Access Denied" or "Recipient Address rejected: Relay Access Denied"

Expert:  IT Miro replied 29 days ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.
Please tell me if you get the "Relay access denied" message only when e-mailing your friend, or you received it when e-mailing another person as well?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 21 days ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,