James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Hotmail says someone is tryimg to use my account and has

Customer Question

Hotmail says someone is tryimg to use my account and has blocked me out of my email account. I tried to have them send a code to the backup email account, which I've done before, but they have not sent one - I'm assuming they're not recognize it for some reason. I've also tried to go through their protocol and answer all their ridiculous questions. Some of the ones they're asking for things that I did 20 years ago and I have no idea what credit card I used, what my Skype account password ***** or any of those things because it happened so long in the past and I'm not using it them anymore and I have upgraded my credit cards and I'm not using those either. They gave me a case number ***** a few times, then let me know that someone had looked at my account and said I had prove that I am who I am. So I tried it the third time and I went through the entire process again tried to check my answers, and they came back and said since you tried to do this 3 times wait 24 hours and try again. Is there anything you could do to help?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

Hi David, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

How do you usually access this problem Hotmail account before? Using a web browser like Internet Explorer? Or using an email program like MS Outlok 2016?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess