Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Although I have verified my password and been told that my

Customer Question

Although I have verified my password ***** been told that my account was accessible to me, the screen that says "Loading***@******.***..." doesn't let me in -- the long bar freezes before filling completely. I've tried rebooting many times -- no success. (This started about two hours ago when I was at the library -- has never happened to me before.)
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: No -- just went through the "log in" procedure to verify my password.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Through a web browser -- Chrome
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None, except for verifying my password ***** being told it was fine. Also turning the Mac off and then on again, several times.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No...except our internet connection here at the house is sometimes flaky. But that's not the case right now -- I can get into my other account, my sonic email.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does this issue also occur in Safari application?

Is your gmail not working on your computer or on the computer at the library?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- In the Chrome application, click on the 3-dot (or 3-bar) icon at the upper right corner, then select option History, then click on option History. Then click on the option Clear browsing data...at the top. Then next to the item Obliterate the following items from, click on the dropdown list, then click on option the beginning of time. Then check only the box Caches images and files and check the box Hosted app data. Then click on option Clear browsing data at the bottom, then wait a bit.

- Next, click on the 3-dot (or 3-bar) icon at the upper right corner in the Chrome application again, then click on option Settings. Then scroll down to the bottom, and click on option Show advanced settings if shown, then scroll down to the bottom again, then click on option Reset settings. Then click on Reset. Then wait a bit, and check your gmail email.

- If needed, close Chrome application, then re-open it and check your gmail email.

Solution #2:

- If needed, can you test opening the Safari application, then go to the gmail.com website in Safari application and see if you can sign in and access your gmail email address in the Safari application.

Solution #3:

- If that still does not work, please click on the website below:

http://www.firefox.com

, then there, download and install the Firefox software

; keep default options during installation

, then open the Mozilla Firefox application, then go to the website gmail.com in Firefox application, and sign in your gmail email address in the Firefox application, and see if your gmail email works fine in the Firefox application.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,