sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I have a facebook account. I have been told by friends on my

Customer Question

Hi- My name is***** **** and I have a facebook account. I have been told by friends on my facebook, that my facebook account has been copied by another person impersonating my facebook. It goes by the name of Scott ****. My facebook account is under R. Scott ****
JA: When did you last use the account?
Customer: I use facebook on my iphone daily. Can you help shut down the stolen information and person impersonating me.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On my phone or ipad I have an iphone, where I access facebook the most
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not done anything, since I just had a friend tell me that someone has captured all of my information on facebook and is impersonating me with my information, pictures etc.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no - I just need it fixed
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

The only way to close that fake account is reporting it to Facebook. But, for that, you need that profile page. Either you can find the person by searching on the facebook or ask your friend, to send you the link of the fake profile. So, that you can report it. It is very difficult to do this on iPhone or iPad, it will be best to do this from any computer.

If you have any computer present in front of you then, I can directly connect with it and help you to do this job.

Here is the steps to report the fake profile.

1. Go to the profile of the impersonating account
    • If you can't find it, try searching for the name used on the profile or asking your friends if they can send you a link to it.
  2. Click on the cover photo and select Report
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions for impersonation to file a report