Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My old gmail account is, I have had some computer problems

Customer Question

My old gmail account is***@******.***, I have had some computer problems and the IT person has lost my gmail account and I need to restore it can you please help.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: 2 going on 3 weeks since the IT tech installed my new printer to this computer
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I always have accessed gmail from my face book page, but the IT person managed to lose that also and I have since got it back but no gmail access from there. I am over 70years old and not very computer literate.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None so far as I don't really know what to do.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Notthing I can think of at the momeny
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you try to access your Gmail account, what is the exact message you now get when it fails?

Please let me know.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Richard my gmail account does not seem to come up and I don't where to look for it I tried to reset my password ***** gmail said that they would send me a new password ***** email but I am unable to access it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, you will need to actually type it in

Go to www.gmail.com

Click add account, enter your gmail address, then next then your password ***** sign in

Let me know the results please.