Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I have 7+ years of experience in fixing emails issues.
33602187

Did AOL send me a notification of a change in format for

Customer Question

Did AOL send me a notification of a change in format for Flag and Trash indicators? I'm always cautious because I never know that I'm being hacked.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: Just noticed it now.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Type in www.aol.com then I enter my e-mail address and password. When I just did this I received a notification indicating the format of e-mail pages had been changed. Is that correct?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. Any suggestions?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. When I try to sign out I get a notification that a program is interferring with shutting down.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 month ago.

Let us have a discussion to sort out the issue related to the internet/computer/email. I'm sending you phone support offer. Should you accept it, I will be able to call you. Thank you

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 month ago.

This is a normal message from Aol for change in format for Flag and Trash indicators?

Does this message ask for any personal information?

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 month ago.

Yes, it is a message from AOL Format of AOL email is being changed. It is a genuine message.

However, if someone ask for personal information, like password ***** ask to change the password ***** a specific password, please ignore those messages.

If you have other queries regarding this, please reply back to me the box given below.

And if you can take a second to rate my service(-OK or more -by clicking stars at the top of the page and choose submit), that would be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 month ago.

I have two other suggestions for you.

A. Change your email account password ***** regular interval to be safe always.

B. Scan your computer using your anti-virus program at least once a week.

Yes, it is a genuine email from AOL. There is nothing to worry about this.

If you have other queries regarding this or need phone support, please reply back to me the box given below.