James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Where do I fins Thunderbird main window and tools? i ave

Customer Question

where do I fins Thunderbird main window and tools? i ave already installed thunderbird and want to import outlook.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: since i installed Th a few hours ago
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser (a Windows program
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: trying to find the main window with Google
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please give me a link to the main wiindow. I asume I shall find the 'tools' once I've got the window
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

In Thunderbird, right-click the 3-horizontal-bar icon in the upper right

corner and select Menu Bar. You see File>>Edit>View>Go>Message>Tools>Help appear at the top.

Right-click the 3-bar icon again and select Mail Toolbar.

If the 3-bar icon isn't visible at all, right-click the blue area at the top of the screen

and you should see Menu Bar and Mail Toolbar options.

Let me know the result please.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Are all the controls in place now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey, Byron, thanks for your prompt reply. I,d love to give you feedback: The first timr you sent me the following mail: "Byron Byron
Email technician
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.In Thunderbird, right-click the 3-horizontal-bar icon in the upper rightcorner and select Menu Bar. You see File>>Edit>View>Go>Message>Tools>Help appear at the top.Right-click the 3-bar icon again and select Mail Toolbar.If the 3-bar icon isn't visible at all, right-click the blue area at the top of the screenand you should see Menu Bar and Mail Toolbar options." I told you point by point that I did not get it right and asked you for the second time that I need a link to find the appropriate web window which is not obsesses with the instqlltion of your progr. Now you respond "Byron Byron Email technician
Hi. Are all the controls in place now? !!!
what does that mean and how on earth can it help me.to solve my problem. Iassume I know much less thqn you. but I fe
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I fear that we are not going to solve my problem if we tackle it this way AND most probably I am going to loose my "refundable goodwill dtechnicin,eposit". I just trust you will spend it wisely. I shall never know but I am going to trust my gut. I dont know you so I can never know if you are a good technician. Peace to you.
Bless you,
kind regards,
Billy ********
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Is this what you're looking for: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/importexporttools/

I'm not clear on what you meant when you said this in

your initial question, "where do I fins Thunderbird main window and tools?"

Expert:  Byron replied 29 days ago.

I want to help you get this working. You have Thunderbird installed. Do you need to set up your email

account in the program and import from Outlook? Thunderbird can do that if you have Outlook installed

on the same PC by clicking Tools>>Import>>Selecting what you want to import and clicking Next>>Selecting Outlook

and clicking Next.

If you have only an Outlook data file like a .pst then that's a different matter entirely.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Byron, thanks a lot my friend, you were a shoulder to cry on when I was desperate. even though you did not solve my problem as I asked (for the link) nevertheless you tried. Thanks, ***** ***** decided to give Thunderbird a thumbs down and to look for a solution elsewhere. Thanks a million.
question: how good are you at your word about the refundable deposit? I look forward to hear from you. Kind regards, Billy *****
Expert:  Byron replied 29 days ago.

A link to what? Thunderbird is an open source software and there are thousands of links referencing it on the internet.

I still don't know the issue you are seeking a solution for?

Customer Service can help you with a refund as I only answer questions on the site

and have no involvement with that process. You can contact them here: *****@******.***