James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am getting gmail emails on my iphone which are not showing

Customer Question

I am getting gmail emails on my iphone which are not showing on the computer i'm using to access my gmail account. And i want/need to see one of those emails on my computer to make a better reply
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: I have ownly had this iphone since the 15th of Oct. an apple tech just told me that since i was getting all my emails on my iphone that it was a problem on this end and not apple's
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes i went to iOS 10.1 software from what software the iphone originally came with
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to change my amazon.com account password ***** the forgot password ***** message came to my iphone but not to my gmail account on the computer i'm currently using.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Are you able to access your Gmail messages via web by logging in form here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i was able to access my gmail account thru clicking here. But not thru my my gmail account.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

If you can access your Gmail via web, that basically means you have correct username and password. That's a good starting point.

How do you access your Gmail on iPhone? Using the built-in Mail app of iOS, or some other mail apps such as Gmail app from Google?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to rephrase my answer. Yes I was able to get to my gmail email account when i clicked on the - here? Button. This is a job service computer so we can't use remote assistance. My problem is a syncronization problem. I want all my inbound email to go to both my online gmail account and my iphone account. At this point in time my iphone is the dominate recipient of my inbound gmail email. And I get some, but Not All, of my inbound gmail emails online. Thru the computer i'm using. The computer isn't at fault here. It is a google gmail software settings syncronization problem.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like you are using POP protocol to access inbound email rather the IMAP which is more suitable for your scenario of synchronizing both inbound and outbound emails on computer and phones.

Please double check your computer and phone's mail settings, and let me know if you are using POP protocol at the moment?