James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My "smart" phone crashed and I need to recover my outlook

Customer Question

My "smart" phone crashed and I need to recover my outlook password ***** another computer so I can use it on my phone.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Since yesterday.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Through outlook on my computer.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to remember the password (I have on written down), but it doesn't work.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would just like to recover my password ***** another computer that I use outlook on (that works).
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

> my outlook password

Are you referring to the password ***** your email account at outlook.com? If yes, did you try clicking the Forgot Password ***** just under the Sign In button of Outlook.com's logon page?

Please also advise if you have associated your mobil number and/or your 2nd email address with your account at outlook.com?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My outlook program tries to log on to my user name but (on my phone) it always says failed to log on and asks for the password. It works on my desktop computer, but not on my phone.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll just keep trying other passwords, perhaps I'll "stumble" across the correct one.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

> It works on my desktop computer, but not on my phone.

You mean you know the correct username and password ***** log on outlook.com using your computer? Or, you just mean you don't need to type any username and password ***** access your email because your browser has remembered the credential?