James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My password is not working, and it won't let me change

Customer Question

My password ***** ***** working, and it won't let me change it..... I am using my master password, and it works okay... but I can't get it to work on another screen name
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Some time ago... but I just had a complete meltdown on my computer, and I am now trying to recover my data.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on my PC, through my broadband
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have had to restore my computer to its factory settings. I re-installed my programs, such as AOL. I have tried two screen names, and they both work. But I am trying to get in with the screen name Madi Mulleague
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I just want to get to my eMails. I have not been able to get on my computer for a week now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please confirm the full email address you need help with?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,