Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am not receiving a particular companies email that it

Customer Question

I am not receiving a particular companies email that it imperative that I get. I can send them an email, but when they reply I do not get it. I have the email address if that would help
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Yahoo
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have looked at spam, I have checked to make sure their email is correct, they have checked to see if there is a problem on their end
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  Kris Rodgers replied 7 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Is this the same or different companies?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
same company no other problems with receiving or sending any other emails of any kind

It could be the company blocking this.

What comapny is it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please help me with this problem I am not interested in any other services at this time. they said if I paid the $5 I would be helped with my problem. I was scared to even put in my credit card, but have trust in your site.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The company is Eton Advisors I have the email address that won't appear if that is helpful
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, I have copied the correspondence and will be looking for your email. Really had the time tonight to deal with this and had no idea I would have to wait 24 hours. Hope to hear from a technician since Kevin cannot help me
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

To confirm, you use a Yahoo! e-mail address and you access it via a web browser (Yahoo! web mail interface)?

Let me know,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All I do to read my emails is go to yahoo click mail and my messages appear.
This particular company is a professional advisory company and highly reputable
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

OK. I will now provide the instructions for you on how to check if there have been any changes to your Yahoo! account that could make some e-mails to not fully reach the Inbox.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank u
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Helio
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

Please follow these instructions:

Sign in to your Yahoo! e-mail account and click on the icon that looks like a screw located in the upper right corner, and there select Settings.

First, click on the Accounts tab (located on the left side) and then click on your e-mail address. Scroll to the bottom and check if the "Forward" option has been enabled. If yes, disable it since it means that all incoming e-mails are automatically forwarded to another e-mail address. Click Save to save the changes if you have made them.

Next, check the Filters tab. Make sure there are no added filters that could automatically delete or change the e-mail delivery folder for new e-mails. Click Save to save the changes.

Finally, click on the Blocked Addresses tab to make sure your e-mail address as well as other e-mail addresses are not listed as "blocked" there. Click Save to save the changes.

Let me know if you found something strange there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I click the little hour glass thing is that the screw if so I went to accounts and hit it then a box appears that has change password ***** etc no other info. I don't understand
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

It seems you are looking at something else. Please access your Yahoo! account and let me know what exactly you see in the top right corner.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The small magnifying glass clock sound internet Bluetooth time machine detect displays Dropbox
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

OK. Once the Yahoo! page is open, see if there is a home icon and an icon with a human face with your name located in the top right corner (should be a bit below from the icons you listed here).

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The home icon is on the top left I hit it then it went over to right side with a face and my name then it says account info. A + add account. Or sign out. Those that the options
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

OK. Next to the face icon, there should be an icon that looks like a screw. Click it and then select Settings.

See this picture:

PICTURE

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There's not. I'm so frustrated. No screws unless u can send me a pic. Only blank face my name a bell icon
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've seen the screw before like in the system preferences
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm so tired. This should b simple. I do not see a screw anywhere sorry
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

Those are the instructions. I don't know why you don't see the screw icon.

You can try with another web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox if it is installed on your computer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry. I'm sad and upset this is not working. Y'all can have the $5. My computer did not have that After the search web shown in your pic way over to the right side only has my name an account info box and sign out and home
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for trying.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

Those are the correct instructions. I tested them on my computer before sending them to you. If you cannot follow them, I can remotely connect to your computer and help you solve the problem.

Let me know if you would like that.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No thanks. Good night appreciate u trying it's not on mine
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

We can continue tomorrow if you like. Just send me a message here and I will be notified.

Regards,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
K thank u
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

No problem. Good night!

Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.