Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I am getting e mail from a porn site from women. I have

Customer Question

I am getting e mail from a porn site from women. I have never been on such a site. If I block some others appear. How do I stop this.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Hot mail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On my computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I keep blocking them but still get several weekly.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want them not to be able to connect to me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 month ago.

You can get these types of emails regardless of if you ever visited a website like that or not. Most likely what has happened is your email address ended up on a list that was purchased by one of these companies. This can happen if you sign up for another email list or have your email address publicly posted on the internet.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 month ago.

One thing you should not do is click unsubscribe on these emails if they have that option. These companies will use the unsubscribe feature to confirm that you are actually seeing the emails and will continue to send them. If you cannot block them all due to them coming from different websites then unfortunately all you can do is mark them as spam whenever you receive one. You cannot get them to stop all together.

Just keep blocking them as they come and marking as spam and hopefully they will eventually stop.

If you need more help let me know. Please take a moment to click the stars at the top, 3 or more to acknowledge you have received my answer and advice.

Thank you,

Chris