Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have an employee in a remote location who lost her outlook

Customer Question

I have an employee in a remote location who lost her outlook password. As the admin I went on and issued a new one but now she cant find her contacts, distributions lists etc.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Since this morning
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser outlook tab on desk top
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Called gmail etc. not any help. I am thinking of it could be restored somehow?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I need to resolve this
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Can you clarify a few points. At first you said you had an employee who lost her outlook password.

Then later you said you called Gmail

So was it actually a gmail password ***** you reset? And as an admin, is it a google apps business account that you are admin of?

If that is correct, what version of outlook is the employee running, 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016 for pc, or 2008, 2011, or 2016 for mac?

And when she says her contacts distribution lists etc, disappeared. Did it disappear from the outlook program, or from gmail.com itself?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is running outlook 2010 on her desk top gmail is our email provider
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The contact on her outlook are no longer there. ie her distribution lists etc.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello are you there?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Aha.. So its from outlook everything disapeared.. Thats good.

Lets have her check her deleted items folder first as shown on this page, and see if the contacts are there.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Recover-a-deleted-contact-in-Outlook-51c83288-6888-4dcd-8c99-4932daabf643#contactsdeleteditems

If that doesnt work, we may need to either recover her PSt file.. Or reload her contacts from the gmail server.

But, lets try that first step and then we will decide how to proceed from there.

Dustin S