Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

For some reason I am not receiving any of my emails on

Customer Question

Hello, For some reason I am not receiving any of my emails on Outlook I use my email through my.fsu.edu webmail
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: about two weeks I did not realize for about a week. I just thought I didn't have any emails
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: When I pull up my email it will make a noise as if I'm getting new mail but then nothing shows up
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What do you mean by troubleshooting?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all. I just need to be able to receive my emails Okay thank you.
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 6 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

Can you let me know if you are receiving any kind of error message when trying to retrieve your emails via Outlook? Is everything working fine if using the webmail version via my.fsu.edu? Would you be interested in letting me analyze and solve this problem for you directly at your computer via a remote connection?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Everything is working fine while using it. I am receiving clutter messages but no messages in my inbox.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am in class right now but can talk after.

That is strange indeed, we should have a look at this at your machine. Are you on Windows or Mac?

Yes, all fine, enjoy your class and just message me when you are back. I am here for about the next 9 hours.

Thank you very much,

Lorenz

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am on a Mac. I can message you here for now. Wasn't sure if you mean to talk via webcam.

Yes, that is no problem either. I meant to connect to your Mac remotely and troubleshoot the problem directly there "hands on".