Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  All type of email clients, microsoft, web based, linux
63493917

I received a credit on my credit card for 49.95 on 10/12/16

Customer Question

I received a credit on my credit card for 49.95 on 10/12/16 for a pair of shoes I ordered for my mother in Sept. I kept the shoes, why did I get the money back?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

It was either a clerical error......the transaction was reported or flagged as fraudulent.........the items were double charged, and one of them had to be credited back, making it look as though it was refunded.

.

Theres quite a few reasons why it would show this.

.

I suggest, if you dont suspect any of the above possibilites that you can just leave it be.

If they made a mistake.....let it be in your favor....and allow it to be as it is.

.

Or if you feel you must set this straight......you can call the number that appears on the credit card statement, as there is supposed to always be a number to call for any charges on your credit card.

Each transaction should have a corresponding 800 number to call the company customer service that charged you.

So just look for the transaction on the credit card, then look for the 800 number corresponding to that charge.

Or if you dont see a number....you should see a compnay name.....and then look for a number searching the company name.