James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I cannot log in to my e-mail....Have never had a

Customer Question

I cannot log in to my e-mail....Have never had a password....How did this happen??
JA: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?
Customer: no...but, I cannot log in to my email...
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: don't have a tablet or phone...just my laptop...
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: can't say....LOOK...I'm 82 yrs sometimes can't remember.... Can you help me or should I call Norton for help?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: YES...my daughter sent me pictures last night..can't open e-mail...unable to click on the icon..ALSO,,,my mail has changed..used to be on separate pages by DATE....nOW THEY ARE Listed by alphabet....WHO GOT INTO MY COMPUTER AND CHANGED HOW I RECIEVE MY MAIL??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having.

Can you tell me please which email service you are using? eg: Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo

And which email program do you use to access it?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,