Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

I am getting the error message Er 1F on my Kenmore Elite

Customer Question

I am getting the error message Er 1F on my Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Refrigerator. Can you tell me what is wrong with the refrigerator?
JA: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?
Customer: It is on all of the time.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: email:***@******.***
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. I do not have a guide to error messages.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

The Er IF error code indicates that the main control board detects that the ice compartment cooling fan is not working. This will cause a lack of cooling in the ice compartment and will normally result in no ice production. This is something that a service technician will usually need to correct. If you are advanced in technical skills, you may be able to correct this problem yourself. It will require the removal of the inside back panel of the freezer compartment. This is not an easy task. I recommend that you review the procedure for this task that is shown in the image below. Make sure that you are able to safely perform the tasks described before proceeding with this repair.

Unplug the refrigerator to disconnect electrical power before accessing internal components. Once you access the ice fan, you may find excessive frost in this area and on the evaporator that could be causing your cooling problem and fan problem. If you defrost this area, you may find that you do not need to replace parts. If you find no excessive frost or the Er IF error code resumes after removing any frost then you will likely need to replace the ice fan (part 5209JA1044A).