Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

Why am I getting an email that my aol email will be placed

Customer Question

hi. why am I getting an email that my aol email will be placed on hold? Why is it asking me for update information, including social security number? i though aol was free? why do you need my bank information?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: just today
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: most times on my cell phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Troubleshooting? None
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Often I connect my cell phone to my lap top, and the only problem is that some of the emails on my phone are not on the lap top
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

AOL will NEVER ask for your Social Security Number -- The email that you received is a SCAM. Please do not click on any links in the email. Additionally, you can send the email to***@******.*** so that AOL is notified about the scammer.

In the future, please note that a company will never ask for you to provide account related information within an email such as social security number, etc.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.