James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have forgotten my original password that I used to set up

Customer Question

I have forgotten my original password ***** I used to set up my gmail account (very sporatically used for almost 2 years) and now when I try to use my email on my iPad I get a message from Google asking for my password. So I go through the process to try to recover my password ***** change it and it wants to send me the password ***** to my former contact email account. That email account was at my workplace (a schoolboard) and I retired on June 30th, 2016 and no longer have the account. Please give some way to change my password ***** that I can get emails on my iPad. My***@******.*** account is working on my new iPhone
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: I only became aware of it this last week, but I haven't really been a e-mail user until now, with my iPad
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I would like to access it from my tablet and from my phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried your password ***** method several times; I get the passcode sent to me at my husbands
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, sorry I hit wrong button. Several computer experts have also tried the recovery process on my behalf and have run into the same roadblock, namely that google wants to send the recovery passcode to my now defunct email address
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Can you access the gmail inbox in question on the iPhone?

You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can access the email in question on my iPhone.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My husband would have a fit if I paid that kind of money, I just want a new password ***** to hartwell.homes"outlook.com
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

> My***@******.*** account is working on my new iPhone

Is it the Gmail address to be recovered?