Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

I have had AT&T email -- sbcglobal.net - supported by Yahoo

Customer Question

I have had AT&T email -- sbcglobal.net - supported by Yahoo - for years. The problem is the margins on outgoing or incoming emails. The right hand side is always cut off. How do I change the margins?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: I thought my email provider was AT&T; what do you mean? I have a Mac if that helps.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I use Safari on my computer almost all the time -- sometimes on my LG4 phone.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing -- can't find anything online that helps - and my computer doesn't give me any options.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Constance, you can try switching back to the old format -

It is under OPTIONS > ADVANCED OPTIONS > MAIL ACCOUNTS then click the radio BASIC button.

Click on the INBOX tab to return to your mail again.

Let me know if that works for you?

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pete, I replied today, but it doesn't seem to have reached you. I asked where the "Option" icon is located -- couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe we should start over. I have an AT&T email supported by Yahoo. My email address is:***@******.***. Please be specific about where I can locate the "Option" you mentioned. Also what is the "radio Basic button? I have a macOS Sierra computer, but my complaint isn't a new one. I have had a macOSx
for some time, but just upgraded to the Sierra. Are you familiar with Macs? Maybe the instructions given were for a PC.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't want to securely connect with you. You haven't given me any kind of satisfactory answer yet. Let's concentrate on that.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

The remote connect option is something that is sent automatically - you can ignore it.

You can log into your AT&T Yahoo email account at https://att.yahoo.com/ then go to Options - Advanced Options - Mail Accounts, and select the Basic option; see attached image:

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pete, the sample you had me look at for Yahoo mail had these selections: Inbox, Contacts, Calendar & OPTIONS.When I bring up Yahoo mail, my selections are: Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Notepad, Messenger.Since it doesn't have OPTIONS, where can I find it so that I can continue this quest to solve my problem?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Could you attach a screenshot of what you are seeing?