Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate IT/networking company.
59725966

My kindle fire screen freezes and/or does not respond to

Customer Question

my kindle fire screen freezes and/or does not respond to touch I have done a factory reset and now I cannot even type in the password ***** reconnect to wifi
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: a month or so ago when I h was having trouble with yahoo asking for a password ***** time I tried to access email and I contacted through mayday
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: phone or kindle
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried holding the on/off button down for 40seconds as suggested by mayday, just did the factory reset and it is not rending to me typing in the wifi passwrd
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Note: You may have to repeat this process 4-5 times before it takes effect.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.