James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have fogotten my password and need heip! I have tried all

Customer Question

I have fogotten my password ***** need heip! I have tried all your other channels and have been rejected,(###) ###-####JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: password ***** 3 months ago
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: i'm 79, so I may not understand your terminology. I have a PC. So Browser?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: after log in, I indicated that I had forgotten my Password. went through a series of questions including another account and verification code. 4 times all rejected
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really i'm exhausted!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you provide your email address please(just the part after the @ sign)? How long has it been since you were able to access it? How did you access it? On a phone, tablet, or computer. I do apologize for all the questions, but the more information I have the more likely it is that I will be able to help you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm disappointed that I have to pay for being old and a Veteran. Can't someone pity me and restore my password! Please'
***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
could not access last night access via computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry, but as an independent contractor I have no control over billing, but I will do all that I can to help.MAy I ask, what is the last password ***** you remember using?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If your not going to help me please indicate, so I do not waste any more time
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I am doing my best to help you. I need to know the last password ***** you remember using and also your frequent flyer number which you apparently set up as security question.

It would aslo be helpful to know how you access yoru email on yrou computer. Do you go to the Google website to access gmail? If so, what browser do you use? It is possible that the password ***** be saved locally in your browser settings.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Password: williamjohn. Frequent flyer: ON57xE0
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** me just a moment to see what I can do.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

It doesn't look like we're going to be able to recover access to the account through the normal channels. If you can tell me what web browser you used to connect to Google Gmail, I can walk you through how to look to see if th epassword ***** be saved in browser settings.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what do you mean by a Browser?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can't I just get a new password? I tried earlier and that was rejected
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

By browser I mean Do you open Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge or Firefox?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Google chrome
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

In the top right part of your screen you should see 3 dots in a vertical line. Click there, then click on SETTINGS. Scroll down to ADVANCED SETTINGS ans click there. Scroll to PASSWORDS and FORMS and click on manage passwords. Depending on your settings, you may see some or all of your passwords stored there. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a passwords screen in front of me. Now what.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Do you see your Gmail password ***** there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Google.com ?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

yes. Your google password ***** ***** to access all google services.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is under never saved
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I am terribly sorry but I am all out of ideas. I will opt out and allow other experts to work on this. You will not be charged twice. You will be notified when someone else begins to work on it and they will see our entire conversation so you won't have to repeat anything. Have a good weekend!

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Do you remember which year you created your Gmail?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2008/2009
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Please try your best to be specific for month and year. That's the only information anyone (including hackers, if any) can't change. Hence it is very important for you to recover your account.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Bbao, I'm 79 and forgot my password, so give me a break. Best shot is September 2008.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Sure. Take your time sir. Anytime you want to continue, just buzz me here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please continue
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please remember that I'm just asking help to remember my password
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
God, Is it that difficult to retrieve a password.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Please be kindly advised that I cannot restore your account myself. I am not a hacker who grabs other people's account unknowingly.

I am a certified information security professional. I must work with you to restore your account, depending on the information that Google wants to know and what you can provide.

I know you are a senior gentleman, so take your time, just let me know when you are ready. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have been at this for hours. Yes, I am ready!
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Thanks. Let's start.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do you want me to do?
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Your previous password ***** "williamjohn​"? And, you changed it three months ago?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Yes, for both questions?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Both questions.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

So as far as you remember, what's the password ***** "williamjohn​"? You just confirmed you did change password ***** "williamjohn​" to something else 3 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's the problem, I can't remember the change and did not write it down.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

So question turns back to the year and month you created the Gmail account.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
September 2008
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Thanks. Do you have a workable email that you can access it now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have my I pad
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.
You mean you can access an email using your iPad?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have it set up with***@******.*** but is accessed numerically.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

> is accessed numerically.

What do you mean about it?Just please confirm if you can send and receive email (*****@******.***) using this iPad, though you don't know its password?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The problem is not the I pad BUT my PC which does require a Password ***** William John
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

That's fine. I know you need the password ***** order to access the email anywhere such as on your PC.

Just please confirm, are you able to send/receive the email box (*****@******.***​) using your iPad?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Thanks.