thomastech
thomastech, Software Tech
Experience:  Expert in email clients or cloud servers
62924203

My ipad screen says call tec support imediately but can't

Customer Question

my ipad screen says call tec support imediately but can't get through. screen is locking up.
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: outlook
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: ipad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried restarting
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  thomastech replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

Sorry to hear about your iPad issue. Try this:

If the iPad is locking up, press and hold down on the power button, AND the home button (the circle button below the screen) at the SAME TIME until the screen goes off. If the iPad doesn't come back on after the screen goes off, let go of the two buttons and turn it back on normally. It should stop freezing up when its reloaded.

Let me know if you are confused or need more assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
screen turns off. when start back up and go to safari screen it locks and says call tec support.

Ok, go to the App store and download an alternative browser such as Firefox, or Google Chrome. Install one of these and see if you can access a website without it locking up. This will let us know if the problem is with Safari specifically, or if there is a larger problem.

I see you requested remote assistance. I'm afraid that isn't possible on an iPad. Remote Assistance is for computer troubleshooting only. Please follow the instructions I gave above and let me know if you can connect to a webpage correctly on an alternative browser.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK through Chrome it goes through. Should I get rid of Safari?

You don't have to get rid of it, but I would use Chrome instead. You are less likely to get a virus as Safari is targeted most often because it is the default browser.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK thank you very much. I went to settings and turned off history. Now Safari is clear also.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK I agreed to the original $5.00 charge and you solved my problem. American Exspress just contacted me about two other charges for $37.00 and $39.00 from your company that I did not agree to.

Great! I hope you'll rate my service positively! Any money questions will need to be sent to***@******.***