James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Outlook last weekend began suddenly consolidating my sent

Customer Question

Outlook last weekend began suddenly consolidating my sent and received message streams into one. I do not like the format and wish to return to a separation of my folders into an Inbox of only received emails and a Sent folder or only sent emails. How can I return to the previous format before this change? was it something I did to cause this and how to I get back to the way it was. Also, now with this change my "Replys" go to a separate page to type and the window is always minimized. Please help get back to the old format where Inbox is only the Inbox and Sent is only the sent meassages
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Since last weekend. I was working on editing online a word Document a friend sent me and then when I returned to the emails this began happening.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Thru the web browser (Firefox).
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything I could think of. All the Outlook settings and all the Firefox setting including setting up a new profile hoping it would go beack to the previous Outlook settings.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I wish to go back to the way it was.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.