Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I can't remember my password I thought it was ********** but

Customer Question

I can't remember my password ***** thought it was ********** but not working neither Google or Facebook. My profile pic is a ***** and my cover page 3 pumpkins October 13,2013 I posted them when I opened the Facebook acct. Secret word I think is my *****. ***** not sure he me get back in or delete my Facebook acct I want to keep my email address. Write back at **********
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome Kayleigh

Can you tell me please, what is the exact message you get when you try now to sign into your account?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It gives me email to send password ***** or end of old phone number that wasn't a cell cell number now share with *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Ok, do you have access to that old cell phone number?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No one remembers it I think it was the house phone(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, the email it wants to send to, do you have access to that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No lost password
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, which service was the email account with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
G-mail
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can u help
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

thanks

try to reset your password ***** the gmail account here

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok there typed name what to do about kicking me nout of password
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

follow the process please to try to reset your password

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It kicked me out
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

what was the message it gave?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Acct not exist because phone number I think was landline(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Facebook being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Facebook states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Facebook has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Facebook, their policies, or the situation itself.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It bwon't accept ***** nor date opened fb Oct 2013
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
ok, Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Facebook being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Facebook states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Facebook has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Facebook, their policies, or the situation itself.