bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  Certified Information Systems Security Professional / Certified Information Security Manager / Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
96068672

I'm using Windows Live Mail on my home PC to send and

Customer Question

Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail on my home PC to send and receive mail on an @icloud.com account. It worked fine up until 2 days ago. Now it seems impossible to connect to the server. Any idea why and how to fix it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  jinsmn replied 1 month ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I consented to pay a total of 40$ CA. I will not pay more. If you cannot answer my question for that amount as promised, I will need a refund...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If giving you access to my computer will help you find the problem and answer my question, I will gladly give it to you. Will you do it for 40$CA or not?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  jinsmn replied 1 month ago.

With remote support I can easily find the problem and fix it. The remote support is an additional service and you need to pay for it. If I can't fix the problem, you will get refund.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
40$ is already a lot. if you cannot do answer my question without charging me more, then you did not answer my question and i demand a full refund. You didn't even ask me more details about my problem...
Expert:  jinsmn replied 1 month ago.

If you do not want to pay for remote support, we can communicate here and try to fix the problem.

First please go to https://www.icloud.com/mail and try to login. Can you login and check emails ?

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i can check my emails like that
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In WIndows like mail, i deleted my @icloud account to see if re-adding it would fix the problem. Now when i try to connect it says the imap.mail.me server has interrupted the connection.
Expert:  jinsmn replied 1 month ago.

Please see the attachment...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried that already and a couple other tweeks. Still not working. Can you think of anything else?
Expert:  jinsmn replied 1 month ago.

If I can connect remotely, I can check and find the problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't like to give remote access to my machine... and like I said earlier, I am not willing to pay more for that
Expert:  jinsmn replied 1 month ago.

Okay, then let me opt out.

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

> I have tried that already and a couple other tweeks. Still not working.

Do you know how to take a screenshot? If you could upload a screenshot telling the error message or problem you see from your side, that would be a great help for us to troubleshoot further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I don't know how to take a screenshot. Please tell me and I will gladly do it.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.
FYI - http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/windows.html