Peter Manzelli
Peter Manzelli,
Experience:  Applications Analyst I at Partners Healthcare
96662364

We are receiving hundreds of e mails daily for the past two

Customer Question

we are receiving hundreds of e mails daily for the past two days and thousands of spam. Must have been hacked but didnt want to chaeange e mails. Have already changed password ***** questions.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: yesterday, Made no differ
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: sent text to yahoo twice but same bs every time
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Peter Manzelli replied 1 month ago.

Hi!

Are these e-mails you are receiving solely spam?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am still receiving my regular e mails along with these others most want me to confirm my subscription , etc

Have you marked these unwanted e-mails as spam and they are finding their way into your inbox with different sender addresses?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we are marking them all as spam then cleaning out the spam folder. Thought this might stop after a day or two but still coming

When you spoke to Yahoo what did they mention to do?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
27 October 2016 03:01
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just to mark them as spam not much help cant find phone no so tried you.

Have you attempted to block the e-mail addresses? If these are all coming from one e-mail address this would be a possible solution. Or are the spammers using different e-mail addresses each piece of spam mail?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they are all coming from different names and companys

If Yahoo has failed to correct the issue, I would suggest forwarding your legitimate mail to another server- e.g.***@******.***, or outlook.com and keep the yahoo domain open. This is a short term fix, there are malicious programs that once they get your address they will flood your e-mail with spam and there is unfortunately no real way to stop the flood. This happened to me a couple years ago and the forwarding technique has worked well. This is in the interim mind you, I would continue to work with yahoo and follow up with them if you have opened a ticket regarding your mail.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much Peter. I was afraid that was the only solution at this time. I appreciate your time.

You're very welcome! I am sorry this is happening to you- it really is the pits. I will mark this issue as closed.

I hope all works out for you, thank you for using Just Answer.