Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have downloaded Chrome. Works fast. But on my owa e-mail

Customer Question

I have downloaded Chrome. Works fast. But on my owa e-mail system (via Wittenberg University, I can't send an attachment via Chrome. Can do so with Explorer and Firefox. When I click the Attachment icon, instead of getting the usual Browse window that connects to my Documents folder, I get a set of programs that are meaningless to me. Please help.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: My e-mail address is***@******.***. I use the Wittenberg owa exchange system.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Through a web browser on my pc.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I asked my repair guys. They shrugged. I asked the Wittenberg Help desk. They also shrugged.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything. As I said, I have no such problem on the other browsers.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Since April 2015, certain types of plugins, known as NPAPI plugins, are no longer supported in Chrome. This is why your Outlook Web Access is not functioning correctly. If you want to use Outlook Web Access (OWA), you'll need to use another browser that supports NPAPI such as Explorer, or use Outlook Web Lite Version when signin in,

The reason being that NPAPI is outdated and an unsecured technology and Chrome is very strict on security within the browser

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what am I to do? I send attachments frequently. I can't believe that Google would push the adoption of its browser and then leave people like me twisting in the wind.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

It is not soo much Google failing, but Microsoft not implementing proper security standards.

The only options though are use Internet Explorer for the emailing or use OWA light which you select when you sign on