bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  Certified Information Systems Security Professional / Certified Information Security Manager / Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
96068672

I have problems in connecting with my AOL, Its telling me

Customer Question

I have problems in connecting with my AOL, Its telling me that my pass and users are incorrect. Apparently they locked me out, because of many unsuccessful tries. It is crucial I get this corrected.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: I am overseas in Philippines. I had this problem for two consecutive days
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: My personal ipad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Initially, they sent me a code to my telephone. When I tried, I was told time expired (it did not in realty), now apparently they locked me out
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is my life line to connect. I do not know what's to do. IfI were in US, may be I can call them
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Did you try clicking the Forgot Password ***** restore your AOL account yourself?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did. they sent me reset message, when I tried to reset, I was told time had expired ( it really did not), I tried several times to reconnect, apparently using the wrong password. So it appears they locked me out because of over ten trials to connect,
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do they (aol) has an address that deals with exiting clients who are abroad like myself?
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately, if you are getting "You have reached the maximum number of attempts", you will need to wait 24 hours without trying to sign in again.

You may also try calling AOL at 1-***-***-**** ASAP and explain the situation to them. Be prepared before calling them as they may ask you some facts or details regarding your account to proof you are the account owner.

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

If you can wait for 24 hours, you may come back here and let's restore your account together to make sure you do every step properly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You will not be able to reach me via phone, unless you call me overseas call. Then I get charged for roaming. Therefore, forget it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Forget it . Thank you
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

I don't know why you are requesting remote assistance now. As the account the locked at the moment, we can't try resetting the password *****

BTW, if necessary, I can call your land number in Philippines at my cost, I don't think you will be charged if you are in Philippines (no international roaming).