Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I was using Windows Live Mail 2011. My Windows 10 OS

Customer Question

I was using Windows Live Mail 2011. My Windows 10 OS crashed. I had to backup data to external drive. Then formatted the hard drive and re-installed Windows 10. I need to know where to find my emails for Windows live mail 2011. What directory? What file name? etc....
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I have had the CPU for at least tree years
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I use to access most of my email accounts using Windows Live Mail 2011
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's not a troubleshooting issue - it's where is the file issue
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dno't think so
Category: Email
Expert:  technicalcat replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Is your backup a complete backup of your drive, to include your user folders and subfolders, including the hidden appdata and other folders?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is not a complete backup. it was a data backup.

Do you have your user folders and subfolders, including the hidden appdata and other folders?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just want to know which directory to look in, and what the file name is.

I actually would need to know what you have backed up so I can direct you to possible location, or to be able to connect and take a look. Without this information , I am out of ideas, so will opt out to other experts for review.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The backup has 3 folders: Linda B, Misc, and Public. Linda B has desktop, documents, downloads etc. there is not a user folder in which to look for APPDATA, LOCAL, Microsoft, Windows Live Mail
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Linda B is the user folder