James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have received a spam message which is blocking traffic on

Customer Question

I have received a spam message which is blocking traffic on my email. I use bigpond in Australia to access so I can use them to access emails and send but my Live email system is "down" can you fix
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Windows live mail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web browser desktop
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have spent time with big pond to isolate problem. It can be tracked to a fake FBI email.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My anti virus cant seem to remove problem. I use PANDA
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

Can you please let me know in which relation it is blocking your Windows Live Mail? Are you unable to retrieve emails because that email address you mention is flooding you with emails? Or is there another error you are seeing when trying to retrieve your emails?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My provider detected the spam and suspended my emails. I have had this suspension lifted and can get emails via this provider - BIGPOND ( auatralia) but only through their web site bigpond.com.
My Windows Live 2012 is now receiving emails ( yours for example) but is not sending.

Thanks for letting me know. Does your provider possibly just block outgoing emails via SMTP because of the previous happenings? Have you asked them about if they do? Maybe they´ve just forgotten to turn on SMTP access again after they´ve complete blocked your account? Only your provider will know and you have to ask them about this (SMTP - they will know what it is). Alternatively, I can also take a look at your computer via a remote-connection and we can troubleshoot the problem. If you are interested in this, please just request a remote-assistance.

Thank you very much,

Lorenz Vauck

Are you still there? I would really like to help you and look forward to your reply. Thank you very much.