James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have a gmail account, but also have an email account with

Customer Question

I have a gmail account, but also have an email account with my provider - iinet. This email is set up in my Outlook. For over 3 months now, whenever I try to look at my emails, Google blocks it. I can't get in and Google sends me an email saying someone tried to get into my account. I NEED to get into this other email account. Help please
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: As above, over 3 months
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not that I am aware of. I have moved house, but this was happening before I moved
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks. I just want to be able to go into my emails
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Could you please provide the following details.

Just to clarify you are having this blocking issue in your gmail account am i correct?

Are you trying to access this gmail using a windows or mac pc ?

Thank you

Note : -If you are getting pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer you can ignore it by closing (x) that pop up message. Please use the reply box below to reply to me.

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Reply using the box below

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I took awhile to answer as I couldn't get into your response. I am using windows. I can get into my gmail account but not my iinet email account. I get a message from Google saying someone is trying to get in. They are! It's me
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for the details.

Is iinet configured on outlook also are you using any kind of proxy or vpn tool on your PC?

Is your iinet account linked to gmail account?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am "technology challenged" my grandson says. How do I check if the iinet is linked to gmail
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

In that case may I send you the offer to remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know how to check if it is configured on outlook
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Then its best i access your computer with your permission and check it directly.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you but I don't want to spend any more money I will try and find a family member to help me.
Thanks for your time - i will log out
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

One moment

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Usually there is a charge but i can do without the additional charge this time.Is that OK with you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** be great. So will I just click on securely connect and there will be no charge
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

No do not click on it

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

If you click on it,there will be a charge i will send the link to do remote support.

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Here is another tool to do remote support it’s called Team Viewer, to download it click on this link http://www.teamviewer.com download, install and then open it. Let me know the id and password it shows. Do not close the Team-Viewer window or this chat page. Closing the Team-viewer window will terminate the remote session too so please do not close Team-Viewer window after you give me the id and password. When you send me the id please insert space in-between the digits like 1 2 3 4 5 6

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Did you manage to install team viewer using the free personal options?

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

If you have any problem using that remote support tool please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
John, I am sorry. I have no idea what I am doing. Thank you but i am logging out
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Sorry to hear that but if you want i can give you another more simpler remote support tool and we can try that.let me know

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

It seems like you have left logged off so i will open this to other experts to see if they can help you.

Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

> I can get into my gmail account but not my iinet email account.

I am still a bit confused about what's wrong with your iinet account. I list a few situations below and let you choose:

1. You can't send any message from your iinet email account to your Gmail mailbox.

2. You can't send any message from your Gmail box to your iinet email account.

3. You set up Google to automatically retreive emails from your iinet email account, but it does not work.

4. Something else, please clarify.

> I get a message from Google saying someone is trying to get in.

What's the exact error message you got from Google? Better please post a screenshot?