Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

I am a woman, [email protected] My acct has been hacked

Customer Question

Hi, I am a woman,***@******.***. My acct has been hacked and the they have me as a nice looking man HYPNOTIZEDBYU or something like that. please check it out
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: no just now just you
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none not theat tech or computer sauvy
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: your discontinue the acct number and fix this problem, cause I have to contact oneperson
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

Can you please explain what exactly happened? Did someone hack into your yahoo.com email account and is now sending emails in your name? Can you still access the account or are you locked out?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What service request

Thanks for the request for a remote-assistance. I would be happy to make you an offer for that service, but can you please first let me know if you are using Windows and which version? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know what I have but what ever comes in an apple macbook air

It´s Mac OS X in this case usually, do you have a long bar sitting at the bottom of your screen that holds a lot of different icons that "magnify" if you move your mouse over them?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but it's on the right side

And these icons kind of "jump out" from that bar too, if you move the mouse over them?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. they move to a different location
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you still there

Please go to http://whatsmyos.com/ and let me know what it tells you there... "Your OS is......"

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hold on
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Apple iOS 10.0.2

Thank you.

OK, please let me know what the exact problem is with your yahoo.com email account. Can you still access it (login) right now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
N0 a computer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I' there right now typing to you

Yes, but can you log into your yahoo.com email address? Because you said it has been hacked? Or do you mean another account and not your email account?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not my email acct. Itis my OurTime dating service

I see, I thought your email account has been hacked. So you can´t login to your OurTime dating service account anymore right now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My profile picture has changed to a man and all the women who are seeking a man are contacting me to reach him. I am a woman wanting a man, not wanting a woman

I understand and feel sorry about this. But what is preventing you from changing your picture and gender in your OurTime account right now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
didnt think about that. let me try dont go away

No, I won´t :) I´d suggest that you just log into your account, change the picture back to the correct one and change everything else like gender, location and whatever to the correct settings again. Then you just change your password ***** so any "hacker" that might have it right now, cannot login again to change your details again.

If it doesn't work, please just reply again and I will help you further on to fix your problem. That involves no additional costs for you, you can reply as often as you want until I was able to solve your problem to your satisfaction. If I already was able to help you, I would very happy about a positive rating (select 3 to 5 stars at the right top of the screen and click "submit"), because only then I get paid by JustAnswer, which mediated your question to me as an independent expert.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Dear Client,

I see that you´ve read my answer, was I able to help? If so, please honor my work and give me a 3 to 5 stars rating at the right top of your screen (don´t forget to click "submit" as well), because only then JustAnswer will also honor me for my work as an independent expert.

If you still have a request, please just let me know and I will continue to assist you of course.

Thank so much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck