Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

I am the communicator of a VERY LARGE volunteer organization

Customer Question

I am the communicator of a VERY LARGE volunteer organization that deals with all sorts of issues related to social justice (I hate that term). But....we deal with affordable housing, environmental issues, prison ministry etc I have a need to send emails to this very large distribution list. I am having problems with Verizon limiting me as far as the size of my distribution list. Someone suggested that I might contact Gmail about some kind of account that might be workable for me
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: I have been using Outlook with my Verizon email. I ~did~ open a Gmail account as a result of Verizon suspending my account for 24 hours because I sent an email to over 200 people.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: My desktop computer.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: There is no troubleshooting that will help me. It is Verizon's policy to limit the size of a distribution list. And also they limit the total number of emails you can send in one hour because they fear it's spam. Even though...in my case....it is certainly NOT spam.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I just want to ask about whether there is some kind of distro limit with Gmail
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Gmail has a limit of 500 emails in one day or if you send an email to over 500 people then you will be limited for 24 hours. Sending bulk emails using a free provider such as Outlook, Gmail, or Yahoo will cause your account to be limited.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

There are companies that are designed for bulk emails. Take a look here: http://www.fromdev.com/2015/01/bulk-email-software.html

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.