James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I got a message that my wire's outlook account needed

Customer Question

I got a message that my wire's outlook account needed repair. When I clicked on fix it, it asked for the email password. Either she has forgotten it or the original one got changed somehow. I end up going around in circles trying to get this straightened out.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: At least since yesterday, but, it may be longer. As I said, this is my wife
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through a web browser. by the way, on the same pc my own account is working properly.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have restarted the system and also tried to get a code to sign on. however, nothing comes across in her email to give me the code
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

We can go in and look for the recovery options. We can continue here written or i can send a remote support.

If you decide to do remote support; please try to use the same computer you usually log in the outlook account

with as it may be stored somewhere on the pc.