Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Account on my IPad, no, on phone and tablet, but I just got

Customer Question

account on my IPad
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: no
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on phone and tablet, but I just got a new tablet and when I went to settings and mail and tried to put my Hotmail account in as an alternat email they sent me to you stating that a subscription is needed. I didn't have this on my other IPad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: did you get my message?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not typing on the IPad do you want me to do this over on the Ipad? I am on my computer
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

You should not need any type of subscription to use your Hotmail account with multiple devices, so let's make sure you are setting it up correctly on the new iPad now.

Please tap on the Settings app, and then scroll down and tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".

Next, tap "Add account" at the right, and then tap on the "Outlook.com" option listed.

Fill in your Hotmail account details and then tap Next > Done. Does it work all right this time?

Please reply back using the box below, and then we will continue further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it says your account or password ***** *****?But at the top it says use your Microsoft account.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

PS: Please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) if it shows up on this page; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue; I'll reply back to you below now.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Hmm, I see. Are you able to login to your account with the same password ***** you go to www.outlook.com on your browser?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it does the same thing?
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Oh, I see. If you are not able to login at the www.outlook.com website with your Hotmail email address and password ***** please open up this password ***** link next:

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Select "I forgot my password" and click Next. Follow the on-screen prompts to reset and create a new password ***** your account accordingly. Done that, try setting up the account one more time on the iPad with the new password, and check the issue again.

Do keep me posted; I'll be here. Thanks!

Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Also, just to clarify, Outlook.com/Hotmail/Microsoft are one and the same service. Do let me know how it goes.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Hi again, are you still there? If you need more help with this issue, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to click on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page to rate my service - this is the only way I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.